Sunday, December 22, 2013

Pendekar Bujang Lapok

well, i felt like a pendekar bujang lapok just now... while doing squats, my boxers made a loud ripping noise.. 




anyway, i started reading The Perks of being a Wallflower. i didn't expect myself to really enjoy it to be honest. i'm halfway through already. i guess i always enjoy stories from a person's perspective. i like to know what goes on in the narrator's mind when they do things. i really don't mind story wise whether it ends happily or not. it's a good story if i can somehow "understand" why the main character does the thing he/she do and what compels him/her to do so.


stories that i enjoy are 500 days of summer (movie), warm bodies (movie), hunger games trilogy (audiobook, it was told fully from katniss' perspective)

one thing i learn, i'm not the kind that will tell my children stories of what i did when i was young. my dad doesnt tell me the things he did when he was younger either. it kinda shapes the experiences i seek now. i just don't go for the things that can be turned into stories for other people. i just do things to experience them for myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment